What is Golden Visa?
Golden Visa is a program that gives an opportunity to Non-EU nationals for acquiring residency and citizenship in certain countries and also free circulation in the Schengen area in exchange for real estate investment.
Spain is the most popular Golden Visa country because;
- It is a country where modern Europe and Mediterranean heat lives together with the clean air, wonderful climate, historical, architectural beauty, art and sports activities.
- It is the most popular holiday destination with the possibility of swimming and sunbathing on the wonderful beaches all year round with mild climate and under the sunniest sky in Europe especially in coastal regions.
- It offers comfortable trips throughout the Schengen Area via its excellent transportation lines including major international airports, motorways, and railways.
- It has a quality educational system that provides suitable alternatives for different expectations with its wide range of schools including international schools following the English/American Curriculum, private or semi-private bilingual schools and quality state schools.
- It has an excellent health service with well-managed infrastructure.
- It offers the possibility to live more economically compared to many European countries as being a strong and modern agricultural country.
- Low property prices that have decreased prior to the real estate crisis and which were not totally recovered yet are giving an opportunity for a profitable investment.
- Rental yield is high and offers a high potential for investors.
- The Spanish economy is the fastest growing economy within European countries.
- It is an important destination country for several sports activities such as football, basketball, golf, tennis, surf, etc.
What Does Spain Golden Visa Provide?
- Free travel throughout the EU-Schengen Area,
- Residency and work permit in Spain,
- Have the chance to issue the Visa also for spouses, children below 18 y/o, children above 18 y/o who are dependent on the investor and parents of the investor,
- Right for benefiting from public education and healthcare services,
- Right for applying for permanent residency and then for citizenship,
- Opportunity to obtain rental yield by renting invested real estates,
- Exemption from double taxation; as long as you live out of Spain, you don’t have to pay taxes for your investments or revenues coming out of Spain.
Who Can Apply?
- Non-EU Nationals above 18 years old,
- Without criminal records,
- Who have not been refused for entrance in any of the Schengen countries,
- Who are not in Spain in an illegal situation
How to Apply?
- Requirements below mentioned should be fulfilled for application:
- Minimum € 500.000 property purchase that may be spread over more than one property.
- Minimum € 2.000.000 investment to Spanish Public Debt.
- Minimum € 1.000.000 stock purchase from Spanish companies.
- Minimum € 1.000.000 investment to a Spanish investment found,
- Above mentioned prices are net amounts to be paid without taxes and finance.
- Developing a business plan that will provide employment, creating a positive economic-social affect or contributing to the development of science and technology.
- Purchased properties should be held until obtaining the citizenship or forever otherwise.
- Investor and his/her family should be visiting Spain at least once in each visa period.
- You will need to assign a lawyer for this process. The lawyer fee is around € 1.500 per each family member.
Which Documents Are Needed for Golden Visa Application?
- Passport valid for at least one more year
- Marriage certificates and/or birth certificate in case of an application for spouse and children
- Health insurance documents valid in Spain
- Criminal record
- Proof of sufficient resources
- Proof of investment (in case of real estate; title deed or property registration document)
If you want to more information about the Spanish Visa, you may read our "The Essential Spanish Visa Guide" article or directly contact us.